I am seeking a web technology position at a positive employer where my wide-ranging skills and background will contribute to the organization’s success.
Web.com (formerly Network Solutions, LLC) · Herndon, VA
Web Developer · November 2009 – Present
- Interfaces with Java development, marketing, graphic design, and quality assurance teams.
- Effectively manages tasks for overlapping weekly and monthly release cycles.
Plexus Scientific Corp. · Alexandria, VA
Systems Administrator / Webmaster · August 2008 – November 2009
- Configures, maintains, and properly documents software implementations (including Bugzilla, Subversion, and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server).
- Consults with the CTO and IT staff to identify hardware needs and perform system updates with minimal downtime.
- Ensures that internal applications are running smoothly and fully updated.
Web Content Manager · August 2004 – August 2008
- Oversaw the content management team, comprised of up-to four outreach and content management specialists, for the DENIX web site (Department of Defense) and two U.S. Army web sites.
- Developed policy and procedure documentation for the content management team, including performance benchmarks and plans for continuity of operations.
- Planned the analysis and migration of over 54,000 pieces of content to a new DENIX platform.
International Food Information Council · Washington, DC
Media Relations Assistant · March 2002 – June 2004
- Wrote and edited press releases and other documents.
- Responded to email media inquiries.
- Tracked media reports and collected statistical data.
- Developed tracking and reporting tools using FileMaker Pro database software.
Bachelor of Science, Public Administration · graduated May 2004
George Mason University · Fairfax, VA
- Multidisciplinary degree with focus on government and nonprofit management, computer applications, and business administration.
- Concentrations in Information Technology and Electronic Journalism.
- Wide-ranging major and elective coursework included government, public policy, history, personnel management, accounting, law, and more.
Problem Solving · on the lookout for ways to improve efficiency.
- Developed a media inquiry tracking database for IFIC that cut tracking time & effort in half and improved analysis capability.
- Improved Content Management efficiency at Plexus, resulting in an average 50% reduction in time-to-post for DENIX user requests.
Writing & Editing · able to generate clear, effective prose.
- Familiar with MLA and Associated Press styles.
- Able to learn new styles quickly.
- Targets technical and/or non-technical audiences with ease.
Computers & Web · broad experience with technology and the Internet.
- Proficient with computers running Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, and Ubuntu Linux. Comfortable in a shell environment and troubleshooting computer problems.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, FileMaker Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite. Gains in-depth understanding of applications quickly.
- Over twelve years experience developing web sites professionally and as a hobby, including work with Apache, PHP, Cold Fusion, and content management systems like Joomla, Movable Type, and WordPress.
Leadership · gaining experience in leadership.
- Maintained high client satisfaction levels while managing the Plexus Content Management team.
- Was instrumental in Plexus’s decision to implement Microsoft Office SharePoint Server as a document management and collaboration solution.