Our Subaru Outback is the family workhorse. With all-wheel-drive and plenty of space, it goes wherever I tell it to and hauls whatever we put in (or on) it. It’s a no-frills, practical, solid car that does its job and does it well.
- Model: 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5i Wagon.
- Color: White.
- Engine: 2.5L 170 hp boxer 4-cylinder.
- Transmission: 4-speed Automatic.
- Drivetrain: Symmetric All-Wheel Drive.
- Approx. MPG: 20 city, 26 highway (EPA estimates).
- Assembly: Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
The Big Mini
We retired the Honda Civic, the first car we ever bought new, and replaced it with the surprisingly versatile (and incredibly fun to drive) Mini Countryman. It’s a great little car and, unlike the rest of the Mini product line, has all-wheel drive and enough space for four human beings.
- Model: 2012 Mini Countryman Cooper S All-4.
- Color: Blue.
- Engine: 1.6L 181 hp turbocharged inline 4-cylinder.
- Transmission: 6-speed Automatic.
- Drivetrain: All-Wheel Drive.
- Approx. MPG: 23 city, 30 highway (EPA estimates).
- Assembly: Graz, Austria.
- 2006 Honda Civic EX in white (purchased new, 2006-2012) (photo).
- 2002 Mazda Tribute ES in silver (purchased used, 2007-2008) (photo).
- 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi in red (purchased used, 2003-2007) (photo).
- 1994 Mercury Sable LS in black (parents purchased used, 2001-2003) (photo).
- 1988 Mercury Sable LS in blue (parents purchased used, 1999-2001).
- 1978 Jeep J-10 ‘Honcho’ in black & ‘ugh’ (gift from uncle, 1998-1999) (photo).