Scott Bradford has been building web sites and using them to say what he thinks since 1995, which tended to get him in trouble with power-tripping assistant principals at the time. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration from George Mason University, but has spent most of his career (so far) working on public- and private-sector web sites. He is not a member of any political party, and brands himself an ‘independent constitutional conservative.’ In addition to holding down a day job and blogging about challenging subjects like politics, religion, and technology, Scott is also a devout Catholic, gun-owner, bike rider, and music lover with a wife, two cats, and a dog.
- Education and Training
- My Resumé
- Pictures of Me
- My Stuff
Name: Scott Kenneth Bradford
Height: 174 centimeters (5’9″)
Eyes: I think they’re dark green, but it’s debatable
Hair: Brown (with a bit of gray just starting to sneak in)
Spouse: My lovely wife Melissa Lew Bradford
Patron Saint: St. Maximilian Kolbe, martyr of charity, patron of the pro-life movement, families, political prisoners, journalists, and drug addicts. “Kolbe is the patron saint of our difficult [twentieth] century” – Pope Saint John Paul II.
- Loudoun County, Virginia, Circuit Court
- Permit to carry a concealed handgun
- U.S. Federal Communications Commission
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- Licensed driver
- Licensed motorcyclist
Associations and Volunteer Groups:
- American Radio Relay League
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Gun Owners of America (Life Member)
- Knights of Columbus (Knighthood Degree)
- Loudoun County Medical Reserve Corps
- National Motorists Association
- National Rifle Association (Life Member)
- SKYWARN Weather Spotter Network
- South Riding Neighborhood Watch (Patroller)
Politics: I’m mostly ‘small-l’ libertarian on economic issues and somewhere center-right on social issues. I call myself an ‘independent constitutional conservative,’ although you might label me as part of the ‘conservatarian’ movement.
Registered Voter: Of course! My first election was the 2000 election, which I still make fun of Florida about, and I have voted in every election since.
- Anything by Pink Floyd (except Ummagumma)
- The Alan Parsons Project’s The Turn of a Friendly Card
- Matchbox Twenty’s More Than You Think You Are
- Vanessa Carlton’s Harmonium
- The Bee Gees’ Mr. Natural
- The Eagles’ Desperado
- Countless others; I have eclectic tastes. . . .
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Pink Floyd’s The Wall
- Dr. Strangelove (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)
- The Exorcist
- The Blues Brothers
- The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine
- The Abyss (Directors Cut)
- countless others. . . .
Organ Donor: Absolutely
District of Columbia