Scott Bradford has been building web sites and using them to say what he thinks since 1995, which tended to get him in trouble with power-tripping assistant principals at the time. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration from George Mason University, but has spent most of his career (so far) working on public- and private-sector web sites. He is not a member of any political party, and brands himself an ‘independent constitutional conservative.’ In addition to holding down a day job and blogging about challenging subjects like politics, religion, and technology, Scott is also a devout Catholic, gun-owner, bike rider, and music lover with a wife, two cats, and a dog.
Name: Scott Kenneth Bradford
Height: 174 centimeters (5’9″)
Eyes: I think they’re dark green, but it’s debatable
Spouse: My lovely wife Melissa Lew Bradford
Religion: Christian (Roman Catholic). Registered at St. Veronica Catholic Church
Patron Saint: St. Maximilian Kolbe, martyr of charity, patron of the pro-life movement, families, political prisoners, journalists, and drug addicts. “Kolbe is the patron saint of our difficult [twentieth] century” – Pope Saint John Paul II.
Education and Training: I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Administration from George Mason University with an Information Technology concentration and an elective focus on Electronic Journalism. In addition, I continue to learn every day. A full list of completed coursework, both from my degree and my continuing education, is on the Education and Training page.
Employment: Currently employed by Web.com (formerly Network Solutions) as a web development tech lead. Previous employment includes:
- Web Content Manager & Systems Administrator for Plexus Scientific Corp. (2004-2009)
- Media Relations Assistant (part time) for the International Food Information Council (2002-2004)
- Structured Content Help-Desk Specialist (part time) for Plexus Scientific Corp. (2001-2002)
- Web Developer (intern) for the Atlantic Mutual Corporation (1999-2000)
- Loudoun County, Virginia, Circuit Court
- Permit to carry a concealed handgun
- U.S. Federal Communications Commission
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- Licensed driver
- Licensed motorcyclist
Associations and Volunteer Groups:
- American Radio Relay League
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Gun Owners of America (Life Member)
- Knights of Columbus (Knighthood Degree)
- Loudoun County Medical Reserve Corps
- National Motorists Association
- National Rifle Association (Life Member)
- SKYWARN Weather Spotter Network
- South Riding Neighborhood Watch (Patroller)
Politics: I’m mostly ‘small-l’ libertarian on economic issues and somewhere center-right on social issues. I call myself an ‘independent constitutional conservative,’ although you might label me as part of the growing ‘conservatarian’ movement
Registered Voter: Of course! My first election was the 2000 election, which I still make fun of Florida about, and I have voted in every election since
Technology Platforms: Currently, I have one or more machines and devices that run each of the following (plus a ton of other things through virtualization and emulation):
- 1977 Jeep J-10 Honcho in black (purchased used and restored, 2016)
- 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5i in white (purchased new, 2008)
- 2012 Mini Countryman Cooper S All4 (purchased new, 2012)
- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon in silver (purchased used, 2013)
Visit the cars page for more information.
Visit the bikes page for more information.
- Mei Mei (cat; orange tabby)
- Vincent (cat; orange tabby with white highlights)
- Nena (dog; black chihuahua/terrier)
Visit the pets page for more information.
- Anything by Pink Floyd (except Ummagumma)
- The Alan Parsons Project’s The Turn of a Friendly Card
- Matchbox Twenty’s More Than You Think You Are
- Vanessa Carlton’s Harmonium
- The Bee Gees’ Mr. Natural
- The Eagles’ Desperado
- Countless others; I have eclectic tastes. . . .
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Pink Floyd’s The Wall
- Dr. Strangelove (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)
- The Exorcist
- The Blues Brothers
- The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine
- The Abyss (Directors Cut)
- countless others. . . .
Organ Donor: Absolutely