I’ve just launched a minor revision to the site, which brings the version to 22.2. This update brings a number of minor tweaks and improvements to Website 22. Here are some of the things that have changed:
- Better Social (Facebook) Integration: I have established an Off on a Tangent page on Facebook, which you can find at this link. Click ‘like’ (either on the Facebook page itself, or in the right sidebar of the site) to follow the site. In addition to being notified of new Off on a Tangent content on your wall, you’ll also get a stream of interesting articles and stuff worth sharing.
- Mobile Improvements: I’ve made some improvements to the mobile site. First, you’ll notice that the title bar now has photos behind it just like the desktop site. Second, your font size settings will now be shared between the desktop and mobile sites (in case you like to switch back and forth). Third, if you visit the desktop site on a browser with a small screen (like a mobile phone), it will give you a more obvious link to the mobile version. You can choose to dismiss the message, or set the site to always redirect that browser to the mobile site automatically. It’s up to you.
- Improved Quotes Widget: The quotes widget in the right sidebar has seen some big improvements. You now have controls (back, pause, next) to flip back and forth through the quotes at-will, or stop on one you really like. The widget will also follow you down the screen as you scroll. You can turn this off in the settings by turning the ‘Pin Menu & Quotes’ option to ‘false.’
- Browser Support Changes: The major change is that now, since Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 has been officially released, I have dropped official support for Internet Explorer 7 (I generally support only the most recent two versions of IE). If you are still using IE7 (or, God forbid, IE6) please upgrade to a newer IE version or to Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera.
- Miscellaneous: There have been a number of other little changes, bug-fixes, and improvements throughout. If you use Internet Explorer you will probably notice less weirdness with dynamic content because I’ve fixed an AJAX request bug, there have been some adjustments to the default font list to make things look better on more OS’s default configurations, the holiday list on the site policies page now shows the dates for each holiday, and so on.
As always, keep an eye out for any problems and let me know if you find any!